Monday, October 31, 2011

A Farewell to Crocktober

Hello readers!

How quickly Crocktober seems to have flown by - at least for me. It's been a lot of fun, and I hope some of my recipes will bring you some cozy crock pot joy this fall and winter.

And speaking of winter...

Some of you may remember that I promised you all a crock pot recipe for spiced apple cider before the end of the month. Well, nature had a different plan, and while I was visiting Brady in MA this weekend we got nearly a foot of snow overnight and lost power for over 24 hours. Clearly we survived, but the storm put a pretty big wrench in my cooking plans for the weekend, so the cider will have to wait. I'm also working on a fig preserve, goat cheese and caramelized onion pizza that will be popping up on GK around the time of my next visit to MA, less than two weeks from now. So good things come to those who wait.

This post is also a bit of a disclaimer. As many of you know, I am THISCLOSE to finishing my Master's Degree at Drexel University. The last month or two will be fully hectic while meeting all my thesis requirements, so while I hope to provide the occasionally entertaining-and-possibly-enlightening post, they will surely be much less frequent until after the New Year. So bear with me, keep your ideas coming, and keep your fingers crossed for me!

Genevieve

No comments:

Post a Comment