Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome to Guerilla Kitchen

Hello friends and strangers! Welcome to my brand new blog.

Here's the thing about me: I love food. I love cooking it, I love eating it, and most of all, I love sharing it with the important people in my life. I grew up in a house where family dinnertime was non-negotiable, and always delicious. My parents are both great cooks, but more importantly, they taught me to appreciate what happens when you mix good food and good people.

There was a lot of Italian food in my life as a kid, and to me, it is still the best comfort food. There are few things in this world that are more beautiful than a well-made meat sauce over hot pasta. After college, and now living with my manfriend Brady as graduate students, these were the first dishes I learned to make. But, since spring has sprung here in Philadelphia, and the last few months have seen (ahem) perhaps a few too many meat sauces, this blog is about trying to find a balance.

I am always looking for the next easy, delicious, healthful (and yes, budget-conscious) recipe. So here goes nothing! I'll be adding more VERY soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment