Friday, April 29, 2011

Odds-And-Ends Salad with Chickpeas & Other Good Things

Yesterday was another marathon day, but since today was my "day off" (full of laundry, reading, homework, and all of that other fun stuff) I took the opportunity to sleep in a bit. I always think that I will enjoy sleeping late  - if you can call 9:15 late - but the older I get the more I find that it totally disrupts my sense of what time it is, what day it is, even what I want to eat that day.

But by about 12 pm, I was starving. Honestly, I probably would have eaten anything.

Rummaging around in the vegetable drawer, I found about a cup of cooked (from dry!) chickpeas, half a zucchini, a big tomato, some fresh parsley and green onion. I almost added red grapes, but decided against it. With some feta that I had honestly forgotten was there (apparently it keeps until October?), oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and a few baby spinach greens, this was a pretty tasty lunch. Much better than the "anything" I would have settled for.



Quote of the Day: “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~ Doug Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment